Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Coldplay

For those of you who don't know me, Coldplay is by far, my most favorite band! Mind you, I like a lot of different kinds of music (except country), but as soon as I hear a song being sung by this group, a little sigh comes from within...ahhhh....

I had the chance to go to San Jose last Friday to see them in concert - for the third time - and it was their best show yet! They had an opening band called Picture Atlantic who had won a local contest to open the show and they were energetic, got the crowd excited, and were genuinely glad to be in the arena.

The second band that came out about put me to sleep... I have no idea what their name was - I thought it sounded like 'Shoes' and my friend thought it was 'Sugar' something... either way, they were not good. When they announced that they were singing their last song, the crowd erupted in cheers!

Finally, Coldplay came out at 9:15 and played until 11 or a little after - and nonstop! The BEST part of the whole show was when they ran through the crowd on the floor and up in to the stands where we were sitting - maybe 2 rows in front of us! All I kept saying was, 'I Can't Believe This!' I Can't Believe This!'
Yay! Coldplay!

I could see Chris Martin's SWEAT on his face :) Oh how I wish I could have ran down and hugged Gwenyth's husband! (sigh)

I think he was singing to me...


They sang all of my favorite songs, like 'Clocks', 'Yellow', 'Yes', and 'The Scientist', plus a lot of songs off of their new album... I'm still on cloud nine thinking about it!

Singing 'Yellow'

Viva La Vida Tour
During the day, we went to Santa Cruz to spend a few hours looking at the ocean off of the pier, walking the boardwalk, which by the way, is not made out of boards. Am I the only person who didn't know this?? I can honestly say that I was incredibly bummed out that it wasn't made out of boards... and I thought it would be longer... regardless, it was fun having ice cream, riding on the sky lift, and overlooking the beach and ocean/Monterrey Bay. I love the ocean.


The pier


The Boardwalk from the sky lift

Ocean waves


All in all, it was a beautiful day outside and the night was even better listening to the best band EVER!!

1 comment:

Our Two Blessings From Above said...

I love Coldplay too. You really got some good pictures. I too like all music along with SOME country. Looks like you had a great time.
Santa Cruz is a fun place I have not been there in years though.
Have a good week.