Monday, April 9, 2007

1st Easter Away

I hope everybody had a nice Easter Sunday with their friends, family, and churches yesterday! I was thinking about you all as I enjoyed a nice spring day in California amidst the palm trees and green grass. I know, I know.... I will keep the weather info to myself until it gets out of the 30's back home! hee hee....

My roommate, Jay, and I went to a new church yesterday called The Gathering and it was a nice little service. I am going to guess that there were about 100 people sitting in the movie theatre that held the service and it really made me miss my Hope family at Wells Fargo Arena- the hype, the kids on pogo sticks, my brother pelting balloons off of my face, the talent of the musicians and the strong message that Pastor Mike always preaches. They did sing all of the songs that I'm familiar with at The Gathering, so it was nice to sing out in praise...

After service, Jay and I went out to run some errands and head up to Natomas for Easter dinner with the same group of people. It was held at a Country Club and it was beautiful there. I still think it was a little bizzarro that people were laying out at the pool in April and not spending time with their families, but as people pointed out, they could have been visiting and tired of their families and this was their getaway spot! It was up to us to bring the pop (excuse me, it's 'soda' here) and all we had to do was enjoy the potluck - great food, great people, and little kids running around the grassy area trying to find Easter eggs filled with Jelly Bellies, M & M's, and chocolates. I might have taken a couple eggs. And just for the record, I passed on the red jello with fruit cocktail - gag.

The highlight of my day was talking to my dad in the afternoon - I haven't heard his voice for almost 3 weeks and after the past week he's had, it was great to be able to talk to him and know that he's doing well and in good spirits! Not to leave mom out, I did talk to her as well, but I have also talked to her every day this week getting updates and it was great hearing her voice, too! :) I missed having homemade chocolate pie for Easter lunch.

I am now in my second week of work in Cali and haven't officially started 'training' yet - if you know me, you know I don't particularly like being idle and this is about ready to drive me nutzo. However, my social skills are really peaking as I have enough time on my hands to visit with, oh, everybody on my floor! I am working with a fun group of people and everybody is super positive and very nice - makes it a little more enjoyable to want to come in to work every day!

On that note, I should probably go ask what else I can do around here. My desk is clean and organized, pictures are up, blog is created. What else is there to do on a Monday?!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow girl! I'm glad to hear Cali is doing alright for you...you are such a sweetie to not deserve to be enjoying life fully. Although it wasn't my first Easter away, we didn't get to be with the extended either. Like you, we tried to make the most of it (all the time thinking of Hope...it's been 5yrs since we've been regulars at Hope and we still think about it!). take care and keep us posted on California livin'. ~becky

oh huh said...

Hey Marcie... I will have to say this is my first time in a Blogger account.. Crazy! Sounds like you are having fun and enjoying CA life. That is great. I'm going to send you some pictures of the boys at Easter time.

Take Care.. Jill Ann

Anonymous said...

We used to always go to the beach on Easter when we were in FL. You'll find yourself a nice little tradition to do each year in no time. - ty