Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Speed Dater


Last night I tried my hand at speed dating and it was, by far, the most fun night I've had since I've been here!


For those of you who aren't familiar with speed dating because you've been married so long and don't remember what it was like to 'date' in general, or if you've never heard of this concept, it was my 'ideal' night of meeting some new people! No commitment, no akwardness when saying goodbye, and nobody knows your name :)


There were 12 guys and 12 girls (well, 3 girls bailed) that met at a local restaraunt and spent six minutes with each other asking questions, making chit chat, laughing, and in some cases, cringing.


After six minutes, the hostess would ring a bell and the guys would get up and move to the next table where a girl was waiting. Between 'dates', we would write a little something about the previous person in order to remember who was who and if we liked them or not. I met some super cool people, a couple guys who were kind of shy, one who completely scared the begeezus out of me, and one that I had to put in his place after the first two minutes (go figure) because he was so rude and cocky. For him, I wish I had my own little bell to ring in his face - DING DING DING!!!


It was so much fun seeing the different personalities in one room, who had an easy time talking to strangers, who was genuine, and who was just there for a player's sake. All in all, it was a ton of fun and I'm so glad that I stepped out of my comfort zone (yet again) to try something new!


For my single friends, give this a shot some time if it's offered because it makes for good stories, the ability to meet some new people, and hopefully a date or two!


Go Speed Dater, Go!

No comments: