Thursday, January 15, 2009

Holiday Fun

Me & Kelli the day before I left
Amy & her small tribe of women

Evonn & Todd (thank you for not making a dorky face)

Zoe (toothless) and Keegan (too cool for pictures)

Me and Joan at our "only" hang out - Champp's!

Shonda - my BFF

My little Kerry - I heart you.


Addy & Aspyn - first thing Addy mentioned was the peanut butter balls. Acorn didn't fall too far from the tree....


Miss Mandy

April & me New Year's Eve - uh yeah, are you here for the private party?

Missy and her son, Carson - I think the timer threw him!

Kelli Ann stopped by with her clan :)

Heidi and me at Kelli's house

Pretty little Kaley - my cousin and me at Grandpa's house

My cousin, Kari - can you tell we're related?

Hilary & I on Christmas day


Keegan, Me, Zoe on Christmas Eve

Me & Mama before Christmas Eve (eve) services

Det, John, Me, Todd, Ryan - Go STEELERS!!

Jacie Jo at her mom and dad's
Me and dad on Christmas Eve (eve)

I'm finally get back into the groove of things now that Christmas, New Year's, and traveling is done and over with... getting settled back into my routine at work and 'living' again! It's funny how rejuvinating vacations are - especially when you're spending it with family and friends!

I won't bore you with the day to day events, but know that if it weren't for Missy, Kerry, and April planning my trip back home, I wouldn't have had the opportunity to see everybody and enjoy every bit of time that I had while back in Iowa! THANK YOU, thank you, thank you... from the bottom of my heart...

I enjoyed great food like Det's delicious pho, homemade sugar cookies (mom even made an extra batch), peanut butter balls, chipped beef gravy over homemade biscuits, taco pizza, and hamballs...needless to say, my pants were fitting a little more snug by the time I left :)

Keegan and Zoe were the highlight for me - listening to their stories, seeing the changes that have taken place in them in just six months, having Zoe draw me some beautiful pictures, spending time with Keegan and having him occupy my lap, and listening to their little laughs.
Two of the funniest things that happened was when Zoe was drying dishes on Christmas Eve and I walked behind her and poked her side. She turned around with the meanest look on her face and threw one fist up, then the other and said very sternly, "I used to take Tae Kwon Do!" Well, in that case, I'd better shield myself...
The other was when we were all sleeping in on the air mattresses and Zoe says, "Do you know why I like it when you spend the night with us? Because your teeth glow in the dark. I always know that you're here by me because I can see them." She said it was a good thing, but my I had a bit of complex thinking about Ross from "Friends'' when he had his teeth whitened and they were glowing in the dark! LOL...
Hope you enjoyed the pictures from my trip!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i heart you, too. lots.