Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Day Trip

Old Faithful geyser (not THE Old Faithful though)

Me by the geyser


Redwoods at Leggett


Drive Thru tree

Me inside a stump

Ring tailed lemur...I like to move it, move it

Pregnant giraffes

He was curious and wanted to check things out

White Rhino named Eesha (meaning Princess)

Watusi cow named Eileen (she had a syndrome where she has both male and female horns) and she was all by herself...I felt sorry for her

Wildabeest

Safari West from the hill

African Cheetah - she ate a bird in front of some 2nd graders the other day! The other cheetahs were raised on a reserve, so they were mellow, but this one never stopped pacing

Flamingos and giraffe

I had an opportunity to head up north to check out the Avenue of the Giants, Old Faithful geyser, and an African Safari over the weekend and it was so much fun! I love scenery and country side gawking around, so this was right up my alley. The weather was perfect and the trees were changing colors - absolutely beautiful! Going through the redwoods in the early morning light with the fog was amazing, too....I love how God always speaks to me through his 'artwork'!

2 comments:

Our Two Blessings From Above said...

Looks like a perfect day trip. The redwoods are so beautiful.
Have a nice Thanksgiving.

Anonymous said...

Ok, I feel sorry for Eileen too. It looks like they could shave some of those horns down or something. I bet her poor neck is ruined. Poor thing. I loved all the other shots though - it looked like you had a wonderful time. Aren't the redwoods great? I am glad I got to see those too. Love, Rebecca