Thursday, August 14, 2008

Birfday

Today I've decided that 34 is the 'new' 22 ... I feel good, God has blessed this past year for me, I have my awesome family, great friends, and good health... so today I'm going to celebrate ME!

Last night I made a strawberry Jell-O cake for my coworkers and I can't wait to bust it out. My sister in law makes the best Jell-O cake for me, though - I think it's because the pieces are SO huge and she puts actual strawberries on top. I think we (Todd, Evonn, and I) ate an entire cake in two days when I used to live with them. Ahhh, good times....

Tonight some friends are taking me out to eat after work, but it sounds like work is ending around 3 or 3:30! Why not? It's my birfday.

It's a little odd to think that I'll be celebrating with a whole 'new' group of friends when I've always been used to my 'lifelong' friends being there for me. Change is good - it doesn't mean that I don't want to be with the 'regulars', but this goes hand in hand with the endless 'new' chapters that keep opening up in my life. At least I know that someday I'll look back on this 34th year and know where I was in life, what brought me to this point, and reminisce about how each person truly meant something during this season for me.

I wonder if I can use any more quotation marks? I seemed to have 'overdone' it in that last paragraph... sigh...

So here's to ME - branching out, celebrating life, love, friendships, and new beginnings...

And seriously, a heartfelt thank you to each person who has walked through this last year with me! I couldn't have done it without your support, encouragement, and prayers...

You say it's your birthday...nanananana...it's my birthday too YEAH!

2 comments:

Our Two Blessings From Above said...

I hope you had a great birthday.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear Blue Girrrrrrrrl
Happy Birthday to youuuuuuu!

(And many mooooooooooore!)